My Beef Stroganoff Recipe gets an E style makeover this week on Trim Healthy Tuesday! Hope you enjoyed last weeks awesome collection of Trim Healthy Mama inspired posts…let’s start with my recipe for this week, and then we’ll look at the top favorites from last week and do the link up fun again!
Beef Stroganoff Recipe – E Style
As per usual, my family favorite recipes are fast, easy, and we think they’re really tasty. This one gets frequent requests. And it’s an E dinner, which I know lots of you are wanting ideas for good E meals. Give this one a try!
This is what you’ll need:
1 pound of ground beef, a few cloves of garlic, one onion, a mushroom soup cube, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or other dairy free, low fat alternative), 0% Greek yogurt, and glucomannan and a tablespoon of butter (not pictured). I like to serve this over brown rice, so that’s already in the cooker at this point.
Step one: Melt butter, and saute chopped up onion in a skillet until tender. Toss in chopped garlic for just a minute or so, and then add your beef. I like to brown my beef well…I like some dark brown crusty spots on the bottom. It adds such a rich beefy flavor!
Make a hole in the middle of the ground beef, and pour your milk in,
Add your mushroom cube…
Measure out 1/2-1 tsp of gluccomannan, and get your whisk ready. Sprinkle a light layer of gluccie over the top of the milk as you whisk. You should see it start pulling together into a rich, thick sauce. I start with 1/2 t. and go from there.
Add your 0% Greek yogurt to the pan next. Stir to blend it all in.
Add salt/pepper to taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
Serve over brown rice with a side of steamed veggies or a side salad.
Stacy, over at Stacy Makes Cents is sharing her Parmesan Squash Noodles recipe today, so be sure to check that out too!
Here is your printable E style beef stroganoff recipe
- 1 T. butter
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic (the more the better, IMO...I think I usually throw in 4-5 cloves)
- 1 lb. of ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- steak seasonings and parsley to taste
- 1 cream of mushroom cube (from the cream of mushroom recipe here)
- ½-1 teaspoon glucomannan powder
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup unsweetened 0% Greek yogurt
- Add ground beef, and brown. Cook the beef until a toasty brown develops on the bottom of some of the meat, and it has a rich, roasted smell. Transfer meat to colander, and rinse with very hot water to remove fat. This step can be skipped if you are using a very lean grassfed beef or venison...if in doubt, just rinse.
- Chop up the onions and garlic. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onions in butter for a minute, and then add garlic and stir. Make a hole in the center of the skillet, and melt down a cream of mushroom soup cube.
- Pour your cup of almond milk over this, and gently sprinkle the gluccomannan into a thin layer over the liquid, whisking as you sprinkle. Stir until it comes together into a gravy.
- Stir in Sour Cream and seasonings to taste. Blend in well and cook until warmed through.
Now for our Trim Healthy Tuesday fun! I chose three featured posts from last week:
(click to open them in a new window)
The post from last week with the most visits was this one:
And now for this weeks link ups! Please see updated posting guidelines below the linky.
Thanks so much for joining Stacy & I on Trim Healthy Tuesdays!
Guidelines for Trim Healthy Tuesday Linked Posts:
- Accepted post topics will be: Trim Healthy Mama related recipes, kitchen tips, weekly menu, ‘how to’ articles, or exercise tips, and MODEST before and after photos may be attached to any of the above. Please do not link personal progress reports or non-THM recipes.
- You may post links from YOUR blog to recipes that are Trim Healthy Mama friendly. They can be S (satisfying), E (energizing), FP (Fuel Pull), or Crossovers. Please note which of these categories your recipe falls under. Nutrition information for your recipe is helpful, but not mandatory.
- Please respect the copyright of the book, and do not post recipes from the Trim Healthy Mama book on your blog. You MAY post recipes that you’ve changed up to make your own, but nothing verbatim from the book.
- Please link your post back to one of the hosting blogs above: Gwen’s Nest or Stacy Makes Cents. Your link will show up on both blogs! DO NOT LINK TO THE HOMEPAGE – instead link directly to this Trim Healthy Tuesday post: http://www.gwens-nest.com/?p=2363
- Please post no more than 3 links each week.
- Post new links from your blog each week – do not post the same link each week.
- You may include recipes with “Splenda” and other similar products or foods that are considered “compromise foods”, but please note that in the recipe, and either make them optional or offer substitutions for on plan items if possible. Please do not use ingredients that are off plan…like white potatoes.
- No giveaways or advertising-only type posts are allowed. You may post about cookbooks that you like and you may include affiliate links, but the post MUST be THM friendly. Example – posting about an eCookbook that you like is acceptable when telling how it can help with THM. Posting about a cookbook just so you can sell it is NOT acceptable.
- Any post that does not meet the guidelines outlined above will be considered Spam and will be deleted.
- Though it’s not required, it would be polite if you would link directly to the Trim Healthy Mama website in each of your posts – they’ve done so much to help us all, and we’d like to increase their traffic. www.trimhealthymama.com
- For help with determining where your recipes fall, visit Gwen’s THM Quick Start Guide.