This EASY sourdough starter is on tap for this Trim Healthy Tuesday! Somehow, sourdough has never really held much appeal until now, but this woman wants some yummy homemade bread that’s Trim Healthy Mama friendly! And that means that it needs to be slow glycemic…either sprouted or sourdoughed. And it needs to be EASY. Because as you’ll see in my post, I can BOMB fermented stuff with the best of them.
I asked a friend how to get started with sourdough, and she recommended this cool sourdough starter kit from Breadtopia. I ordered mine from Amazon.
It came with this sweet little handwritten note on it! I love to support small businesses. ♥
The thing I love about this is that there is no ‘catching wild yeasts out of the air’ involved. The packet of proven, dried starter comes with instructions on how to create a jar full of sourdough starter. And let me tell you, this is GOOD stuff!
I’ll walk you through the steps, and pitfalls here on the Grain Mill Wagon blog in my Sourdough Starter: the Easy Button Tutorial! You’ll also be able to print out my recipe/method for making this starter.
If you’re not sure about sourdough, let me just put your mind at ease: this has AMAZING flavor…not really strongly pungent or sour. It’s got more of a nutty flavor. Next week, I’ll share how to make DELICIOUS pancakes with this super easy sourdough starter.
If you’re in a pancakes mood right now, then head over to Stacy Makes Cents, where she’s making Cottage Pancakes.
And now for LOTS more Trim & Healthy Inspiration…
Here are my top 3 posts from last week:
(click to open them in a new window)
The post from last week with the most visits was this one
And now for this weeks Trim Healthy Tuesday Posts!
Please see updated posting guidelines below the linky.
Thanks so much for joining Stacy & I on Trim Healthy Tuesdays!
Trim Healthy Tuesday Linked Posts Guidelines
- Accepted post topics will be: Trim Healthy Mama related recipes, kitchen tips, weekly menu, ‘how to’ articles, or exercise tips, and MODEST before and after photos may be attached to any of the above. Please do not link personal progress reports or non-THM recipes.
- You may post links from YOUR blog to recipes that are Trim Healthy Mama friendly. They can be S (satisfying), E (energizing), FP (Fuel Pull), or Crossovers. Please note which of these categories your recipe falls under. Nutrition information for your recipe is helpful, but not mandatory.
- Please respect the copyright of the book, and do not post recipes from the Trim Healthy Mama book on your blog. You MAY post recipes that you’ve changed up to make your own, but nothing verbatim from the book.
- Please link your post back to one of the hosting blogs above: Gwen’s Nest or Stacy Makes Cents. Your link will show up on both blogs! DO NOT LINK TO THE HOMEPAGE – instead link directly to this Trim Healthy Tuesday post: http://www.gwens-nest.com/?p=2867
- Please post no more than 3 links each week.
- Post new links from your blog each week – do not post the same link each week.
- You may include recipes with “Splenda” and other similar products or foods that are considered “compromise foods”, but please note that in the recipe, and either make them optional or offer substitutions for on plan items if possible. Please do not use ingredients that are off plan…like white potatoes.
- No giveaways or advertising-only type posts are allowed. You may post about cookbooks that you like and you may include affiliate links, but the post MUST be THM friendly. Example – posting about an eCookbook that you like is acceptable when telling how it can help with THM. Posting about a cookbook just so you can sell it is NOT acceptable.
- Any post that does not meet the guidelines outlined above will be considered Spam and will be deleted.
- Though it’s not required, it would be polite if you would link directly to the Trim Healthy Mama website in each of your posts – they’ve done so much to help us all, and we’d like to increase their traffic. www.trimhealthymama.com
- For help with determining where your recipes fall, visit Gwen’s THM Quick Start Guide.