I crave this Greek Burger recipe as the weather begins to warm…the grill is calling my name! And I know JUST what to put on it. This is my variation on this Greek Burger recipe. (opens in a new window) The layers of flavor are just amazing…this is currently my favorite burger. I also love that there is no bun involved, so it’s very “low carb” friendly!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Sundried Tomatoes, sliced black olives, feta cheese, my Greek Seasoning mix.
And fresh chopped garlic. (not pictured…oops!)
Layer all of your ingredients onto your pound and a half of ground beef. Sprinkle liberally with Greek Seasoning mix. I am guessing that I add about 2 t. total.
I like to cut the tomatoes into smaller pieces.
Press your ingredients down onto the meat, and then fold the meat in half over the ingredients.
Continue pressing out meat and then folding it over to incorporate all of your ingredients.
Form your patties into football or oval shapes, and press your thumb into the center to make an indention. (This keeps the meat flat while it’s grilling, and avoids the ‘giant meat-ball’ effect)
Seriously…these are the best burgers EVER. You get the rich flavors of the meat, spiked with tart/sweet tomato, creamy feta, and tart little olives. Perfection.
What you want to do next is to take one of these beauties, and toss it onto any flatbread or pita half of your choice. Because I’m eating Trim Healthy Mama style, I chose a low carb tortilla.
Top with this Tzatziki Sauce Recipe. If you’ve never had tzatziki sauce, it’s AMAZING…cold yogurt, garlic, cucumber and dill sauce.
Here is the printable Greek Burger Recipe:
- 1½ pounds of ground beef
- ¼-1/2 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup sliced black olives
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 t. Greek Spice Blend
- Press ground beef out flat. I used my grilling tray, covered with foil, so I wouldn’t have to wash a separate bowl.
- Top with all remaining ingredients.
- Press ingredients down into meat slightly.
- Fold meat in half over the fillings.
- Press out meat again, and fold over, repeating until ingredients are incorporated evenly through the meat.
- Or, you can toss everything into a bowl and mix it up…your call.
- Form patties into an oval or football shape, indenting the centers with your thumb. This will keep them flat while grilling!
- Grill to perfection.
- Zip together Tzatziki sauce to serve with your amazing Greek Burgers.