OHMYGOODNESS! I just made this low carb cookie dough dip and I had to come here and post it for you. RIGHT NOW. It is SO delicious!
Back in my chubby, sugar savoring days, I was invited to a Pampered Chef party, and the lovely hostess made this AMAZING cookie dough dip.
It looked like a cheese ball, and was covered in crushed nuts, and served with graham cracker sticks. I begged for the recipe, which involved sticks (plural) of butter, whole blocks of cream cheese…you get the drill. Heavy and suWEET! I’ve often thought of it, and wondered if I could make something similar but not so…so…heavy and sweet. But then I also couldn’t think of what I’d want to use as dippers.
So, this morning, I got 4 pounds of strawberries in our co-op, and I promised the kids I would whip up a dip for them for an afternoon snack. My boy asked me if I could make cookie dough dip. PERFECT! I mixed this up in my little counter-top food processor, and it was divine, I tell you. I absolutely do not miss the heavy, thick version, nor the graham cracker sticks one bit.
This low carb cookie dough dip is still a rich and indulgent treat, but much lighter in texture, and is just insanely good. We dipped, but you could totally stuff strawberries for a party tray, or tea party!
Here is the printable recipe for low carb cookie dough dip!
- ¾ cup (half of a 15 oz. cont.) of part skim ricotta cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese (can use low fat)
- 2 T butter
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- Several shakes of NuNaturals Stevia Extract, or sweetener to taste
- 8-12 dark chocolate chips or broken pieces of 85% chocolate
- pinch of salt
- Break up chocolate chips in the food processor until small pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until fluffy and well combined.
- Taste and adjust sweetness.
- Serve & enjoy!