This REAL sourdough pancake recipe uses the easy starter mix that I made last week here on Trim Healthy Tuesday…it’s shared in the THT links below.
BOY howdy is this good. They are SO filling and surprisingly NOT sour! They have a really nutty/hearty whole grain flavor, and amazing texture. I’m in love.
For all of you Trim Healthy Mama out there: these are an E breakfast. A true sourdough produces a delicious slow-carb pancake, and even breaks down gluten and makes the nutrients much more available. And: yum. Mostly that.
This is such a fun recipe, because it uses ‘normal’ ingredients, and is easy to do. The flour soaks overnight with the sourdough starter, and then you stir in your additional ingredients in the morning. The overnight sourdough action reduces the carbs/sugars to the point that you don’t get much browning. Cool, huh! We ate these with sugar free berry syrup and ‘a little’ whipped cream. I enjoyed mine with fresh orange/peach sugar free syrup. I should blog that, shouldn’t I?
To find the printable Sourdough Pancake recipe, head over here to the Grain Mill Wagon blog by clicking the photo below.
This week, NAUGHTY Stacy is making Peanut Butter Brownie Pizza. But don’t worry! It’s THM friendly.
And now for LOTS more Trim & Healthy Inspiration…
Here are my top 3 posts from last week:
(click to open them in a new window)
The post from last week with the most visits was this one
And now for this weeks Trim Healthy Tuesday Posts!
Please see updated posting guidelines below the linky.
Thanks so much for joining Stacy & I on Trim Healthy Tuesdays!
[inlinkz_linkup id=318003 mode=1 pageSize=60]
Trim Healthy Tuesday Linked Posts Guidelines
- Accepted post topics will be: Trim Healthy Mama related recipes, kitchen tips, weekly menu, ‘how to’ articles, or exercise tips, and MODEST before and after photos may be attached to any of the above. Please do not link personal progress reports or non-THM recipes.
- You may post links from YOUR blog to recipes that are Trim Healthy Mama friendly. They can be S (satisfying), E (energizing), FP (Fuel Pull), or Crossovers. Please note which of these categories your recipe falls under. Nutrition information for your recipe is helpful, but not mandatory.
- Please respect the copyright of the book, and do not post recipes from the Trim Healthy Mama book on your blog. You MAY post recipes that you’ve changed up to make your own, but nothing verbatim from the book.
- Please link your post back to one of the hosting blogs above: Gwen’s Nest or Stacy Makes Cents. Your link will show up on both blogs! DO NOT LINK TO THE HOMEPAGE – instead link directly to this Trim Healthy Tuesday post: http://www.gwens-nest.com/?p=2867
- Please post no more than 3 links each week.
- Post new links from your blog each week – do not post the same link each week.
- You may include recipes with “Splenda” and other similar products or foods that are considered “compromise foods”, but please note that in the recipe, and either make them optional or offer substitutions for on plan items if possible. Please do not use ingredients that are off plan…like white potatoes.
- No giveaways or advertising-only type posts are allowed. You may post about cookbooks that you like and you may include affiliate links, but the post MUST be THM friendly. Example – posting about an eCookbook that you like is acceptable when telling how it can help with THM. Posting about a cookbook just so you can sell it is NOT acceptable.
- Any post that does not meet the guidelines outlined above will be considered Spam and will be deleted.
- Though it’s not required, it would be polite if you would link directly to the Trim Healthy Mama website in each of your posts – they’ve done so much to help us all, and we’d like to increase their traffic. www.trimhealthymama.com
- For help with determining where your recipes fall, visit Gwen’s THM Quick Start Guide.