This low carb Lime “Tortilla” chip recipe is such a great way to feed that crunchy-chip craving. I used to LOVE the salted lime flavored tortilla chips from the store…you know the ones that are full of all sorts of non-healthy junk and carbs. Yeah. those. <hangs head in shame>
But I’ve got a new outlook on life, a new Trim Healthy body, and this is a healthy and DELICIOUS way to get that yummy tart, twangy, crunchy, salty flavor without all the carbs and junk.
So for today’s installment of Trim Healthy Tuesday, I’m going to show you how to make these amazing low carb chips! But don’t go running off to the kitchen right after you grab the recipe…I don’t want you to miss out on the other AMAZING recipes and Trim Healthy blog posts that are shared here each week.
Let’s make some chips! It’s such a quick recipe, and super easy. You’ll need: Joseph’s Pitas, salt, and True Lime packets (found on the baking/sweeteners/flavoring aisle at my local grocery store). You may be able to get decent results with low carb tortillas, but I haven’t had much luck getting them crunchy/crisp. The Joseph’s wraps, or pitas however crisp up really nicely.
You can tear the Joseph’s Pita open, or cut the edges off like I did here. You’ll get two round halves. Cut your pita rounds into wedges, and spread them out on a cookie sheet.
Next, I mixed up a teaspoon of salt with 2 packets of the True Lime.
Now, the last ingredient on the box IS organic evaporated cane juice (sugar), but that’s really just to give it some body to pour out of the packet. There is really SO little sugar there that you don’t even get 1 carb per packet. So I’m comfortable using a couple packets here.
I gave the chips a few quick spritzes of this olive oil spray, just to help the flavorings to stick.
and then added my lime and salt mixture. I toasted these in the oven for between 5 and 10 minutes at 400*, keeping a close watch to get them just barely brown and toasty looking.
And the super good news? These babies are FUEL PULL! Which means that I can enjoy my own little bowl of chips and lime guacamole when we have Mexican night here.
And OH boy, do I enjoy it.
Stacy, over at Stacy Makes Cents is sharing her yummy homemade Caesar Salad Dressing recipe today.
Here’s your printable recipe for my yummy low carb Lime Tortilla Chip Recipe
- 1 Joseph's pita
- 1 t. salt
- 2 packets of true lime flavoring-found in the spice/flavoring/sugar aisle
- 3-4 light spritzes of your favorite oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Cut your wrap, pita, or tortilla into wedges.
- Spritz lightly with your oil, to get the salt mix to stick.
- Blend 2 packets of lime flavoring with the salt.
- Sprinkle over your chips.
- Toast in the oven until lightly browned and crisp.
- Enjoy with the dip of your choice, or even plain!
And now for LOTS more Trim & Healthy Inspiration…
Here are my top 3 posts from last week:
(click to open them in a new window)
The post from last week with the most visits was this one
And now for this weeks Trim Healthy Tuesday Posts!
Please see updated posting guidelines below the linky.
Thanks so much for joining Stacy & I on Trim Healthy Tuesdays!
[inlinkz_linkup id=285500 mode=1 pageSize=60]
Trim Healthy Tuesday Linked Posts Guidelines
- Accepted post topics will be: Trim Healthy Mama related recipes, kitchen tips, weekly menu, ‘how to’ articles, or exercise tips, and MODEST before and after photos may be attached to any of the above. Please do not link personal progress reports or non-THM recipes.
- You may post links from YOUR blog to recipes that are Trim Healthy Mama friendly. They can be S (satisfying), E (energizing), FP (Fuel Pull), or Crossovers. Please note which of these categories your recipe falls under. Nutrition information for your recipe is helpful, but not mandatory.
- Please respect the copyright of the book, and do not post recipes from the Trim Healthy Mama book on your blog. You MAY post recipes that you’ve changed up to make your own, but nothing verbatim from the book.
- Please link your post back to one of the hosting blogs above: Gwen’s Nest or Stacy Makes Cents. Your link will show up on both blogs! DO NOT LINK TO THE HOMEPAGE – instead link directly to this Trim Healthy Tuesday post: http://www.gwens-nest.com/?p=2644
- Please post no more than 3 links each week.
- Post new links from your blog each week – do not post the same link each week.
- You may include recipes with “Splenda” and other similar products or foods that are considered “compromise foods”, but please note that in the recipe, and either make them optional or offer substitutions for on plan items if possible. Please do not use ingredients that are off plan…like white potatoes.
- No giveaways or advertising-only type posts are allowed. You may post about cookbooks that you like and you may include affiliate links, but the post MUST be THM friendly. Example – posting about an eCookbook that you like is acceptable when telling how it can help with THM. Posting about a cookbook just so you can sell it is NOT acceptable.
- Any post that does not meet the guidelines outlined above will be considered Spam and will be deleted.
- Though it’s not required, it would be polite if you would link directly to the Trim Healthy Mama website in each of your posts – they’ve done so much to help us all, and we’d like to increase their traffic. www.trimhealthymama.com
- For help with determining where your recipes fall, visit Gwen’s THM Quick Start Guide.